Live online classes & Demo-talks for groups
I love to teach and occasionally run classes as live online events, using the zoom platform. The day runs in a very similar way to a traditional 'in person' class; we agree a start time for everyone to log in (form wherever in the world you or I am) and we take it from there. I provide a list of requirements, instructions and patterns before hand and then demonstrate and explain the techniques to use. The class can be run with people working along simultaneously, or everyone can just watch and begin work later at their own pace.
There are several benefits of running the class this way:
- Everyone gets a front row seat so it is easy to see what to do. Everyone can ask questions and chat as we work. Short breaks are built in to the class to ensure nobody gets stiff or suffers from eye strain.
- You can work in the comfort of your own home, so no need to carry all your equipment and heavy sewing machine to class, unless you want to get together with a few friends or even a larger group and you all work together, It is completely up to you!
- No need to hire a hall or other venue for the class, unless, of course, you want to. Just make sure the venue has a good internet service and maybe see if you can find a place that has a large screen too.
- Technically up to 99 people can attend the class, so you can invite friends or get together with another group to spread the cost
- No need to pay any traveling expenses or overnight stays for me to get to you - you and I can be anywhere in the world (I have recently had a great time working with groups in Scotland, UK, New York, USA and Sydney, Australia)
Classes are fun and can be adapted to suit all ages and all abilities.
Click here to get in touch to find out more about costs and arrangements.